Thursday 30 December 2010

Costly Chapped Lips...



Being the creator of YSL's Touche Eclat there is no surprise self claimed celebrity Terry Gunzburg decided to create her own make-up range. Having had the opportunity to of met the woman, you can see why everything is immaculately thought out and packaged beautifully. (The lipsticks have her signature embedded on them and even the lid is magnetic)

I could spend hours writing about her whole product range, but this blog is about avoiding chapped lips! So I have dedicated it solely to By Terry's Baume de Rose Crystal SPF 15. Not one day has passed since winter started have I had chapped sore lips. The Baume de Rose comes in two forms, the pot/balm or the crystal lipgloss style. (My preference is the lipgloss) It leaves your lips nice and moist for a good few hours and it also has a pinky soft sheen that looks beautiful underneath lipstick. I’m not too fussed about the smell though; it kind of reminds me of my elderly grandmother.

The one issue I have with this product is the pricing. The Baume de Rose Crystal is valued at £30. Taking into account this woman created one of, if not the biggest, cosmetic product of our time does she have the right to price her products at such high prices? (One of her face creams is £233) Had I not been given this lip balm as I gift, I highly doubt I would have gone and bought it for myself. I’m not saying £30 for a lip balm is ridiculous, I just don’t think the brand is of a status enough to demand this sort of value. Yet she did create the Touche Eclat, oh I am so torn?! But regardless of my own personal pricing issues with the brand, The Baume de Rose is a very lovely product that does its job well. If you have £30 to spend on a lip balm I would recommend this one.

By Terry Baume De Rose SPF 15 - £32.00
By Terry Baume De Rose Crystal SPF 15 - £30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment