Thursday 17 February 2011

String Bikinis and Gold Pomade...




Probably one of the most unnecessary products I own, but one that I love to have. Oribe’s 24k Gold Pomade, is to be worn with oversized sunglasses and a string bikini (no joke, it actually states that on the packaging). Pomades are designed to style the hair and make the hair look slick and shiny. Unlike hair spray and gel I find that pomades don’t dry out and they often take several washes to be removed, but leave a really sleek finish. Taking in consideration pomades add shine to your hair, Oribe has thrown in 24k gold for some serious bling. (He is J-Lo’s personal hairdresser – so I wouldn’t expect anything less!)


The product itself is pretty basic. It has a gorgeous scent and the packaging is truly stunning. The annoying thing is that it goes everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE! The majority of the pomade ends up on your hands which then get covered in bits of gold and before you know it everything you touch is super dazzling. It is pretty annoying and I’ve only used it twice since I first tried it. If you do manage to get any of the product on your hair it gives off a very subtle sparkle. Not something to rave about and completely inappropriate, Oribe’s 24k Gold Pomade makes a good gift and looks pretty hot on your dressing table.


Oribe 24k Gold Pomade 50ml - £47

No comments:

Post a Comment